Why a light catamaran
Class 4 is only 7.5T!
Few fast cruising catamarans can pretend such a number. We could actualy go even lower but without some of the comfort of Voyager or Premium standards. You would need to contact us for a Start version with specific race options build and finish at shipyard or by yourself.
- Weight is catamaran ennemy N°1. Light means fast catamaran to go away form bad weather.
- With a light catamaran all efforts on the rigging/equipment are reduced.
- To build a light catamaran you need to use the best process and material. O Yachts are proven strong.
- You easily understand that a 7.5T cat with a 81m2 main sail will go faster than a 9T with 70m2.
- The more you reduce the weight, the bigger the sail area why can put with the same equipment size.
- Less pitching into waves means you will not be stopped at each wave
- Each time you pass a wave a heavy cat will deep into water much more than light catamran. This is like a rocking chair and you really do not want such a thing on the sea.
- Weight position is critical for cat behaviour. You understand that we not only focus on weight, we also focus on weight centrage.